Below you will find some highlights of this year’s Catholic Schools Week. This year, more than ever, we focused on how to serve others, our appreciation for Catholic education and our love for the Holy Trinity community. The week started with a much needed snow day, which parents, students, and teachers all appreciated! On community service day we supported the Jesuit Refugee Service with a TAG day, sign making, and a virtual visit from JRS staff. As the week continued, students and teachers showed their gratitude for parents by doing chores around the house and hosting a liturgy. Parents arranged for breakfast and lunch to show their appreciation for HTS teachers and staff. The week ended with academic day and a house pride free dress day. It was a great week, full of fun celebrations. We look forward to fostering an enthusiasm for Catholic education, all year long!
Juana and Day House Days
So far this year we have celebrated Juana House Day and Day House Day. Teachers and students have gotten creative about how to celebrate house days both from school and home. These fun days have reminded us all that even though things may be different this year, there is still so much to celebrate! Here are some pictures of those special days. We are looking forward to celebrating all of our houses and their members this year!
At Home Learning Tips From Pro Parents!
Over the past 6 months, Holy Trinity parents have become experts at managing their students’ at home learning. Here are some of their pro tips for making it work!
- Pick one area of the house where school happens every day and let the rest of the house be HOME. At the end of the day, close the door to your learning space and don’t look back! Until the next morning, of course.
- To help students stay focused and motivated, try posting some inspiring quotes around their work space.
- When you need to pass the time, get creative! Try having a slime race, painting walking sticks, doing a science experiment, or organizing your Legos!
- When everyone is overwhelmed, take a break and go outside. Even if you only have five minutes. It works wonders!
- Include the whole family in virtual PE classes. Let the students be in charge and keep track of everyone’s reps and personal bests.
- Focus on character education through out the day – prayer, manners, honesty, responsibility, compassion, forgiveness – it makes for a more peaceful household and an easier school day.
- To boost your internet connection with multiple family members working at home, plug an ethernet cable into one device while another works off of WIFI. Keep all cell phones running on cellular data, instead of WIFI, during the work/school day.
The Second First Day
Over the past two weeks Holy Trinity has begun welcoming students back into the building. The first day with students back on campus felt like the first day of school, all over again! We have used these two weeks to practice our new routines, to streamline the new drop off and pick up processes, to engage virtual and in person students in classroom learning, and to find ways to have safe, healthy fun while we are all together. This is sure to be quite the journey and we are so happy that you all are coming along with us! Below are a few pictures of our first days back on campus.
In our next post, we will highlight what some students are doing at home to make this year a success!