So far this year we have celebrated Juana House Day and Day House Day. Teachers and students have gotten creative about how to celebrate house days both from school and home. These fun days have reminded us all that even though things may be different this year, there is still so much to celebrate! Here are some pictures of those special days. We are looking forward to celebrating all of our houses and their members this year!
Over the past 6 months, Holy Trinity parents have become experts at managing their students’ at home learning. Here are some of their pro tips for making it work!
- Pick one area of the house where school happens every day and let the rest of the house be HOME. At the end of the day, close the door to your learning space and don’t look back! Until the next morning, of course.
- To help students stay focused and motivated, try posting some inspiring quotes around their work space.
- When you need to pass the time, get creative! Try having a slime race, painting walking sticks, doing a science experiment, or organizing your Legos!
- When everyone is overwhelmed, take a break and go outside. Even if you only have five minutes. It works wonders!
- Include the whole family in virtual PE classes. Let the students be in charge and keep track of everyone’s reps and personal bests.
- Focus on character education through out the day – prayer, manners, honesty, responsibility, compassion, forgiveness – it makes for a more peaceful household and an easier school day.
- To boost your internet connection with multiple family members working at home, plug an ethernet cable into one device while another works off of WIFI. Keep all cell phones running on cellular data, instead of WIFI, during the work/school day.
Over the past two weeks Holy Trinity has begun welcoming students back into the building. The first day with students back on campus felt like the first day of school, all over again! We have used these two weeks to practice our new routines, to streamline the new drop off and pick up processes, to engage virtual and in person students in classroom learning, and to find ways to have safe, healthy fun while we are all together. This is sure to be quite the journey and we are so happy that you all are coming along with us! Below are a few pictures of our first days back on campus.
In our next post, we will highlight what some students are doing at home to make this year a success!
This year, the first day of school was very different from any other first day of school that we have ever experienced! A first day without family pictures on the steps of lower school? A first day without handshakes from Mr. McShane? A first day without meeting new classmates, face to face? How strange! And yet, we have so much to be thankful for from the first day of the 2020/2021 school year. This really was a first day of firsts!
This year, we were able to eat breakfast while we listened to the morning announcements. We got to teach the honor code and suscipe to our families. We had time to read books while snuggled up on the couch. We were able to have lunch with our siblings and parents. We spent extra time with our pets. Some of us took our classes outside. Some of us wore our house shirts. I bet some of us even wore pajama pants! Yes, this first day was different, but it was great in its own special way! Here are some pictures of Holy Trinity students and teachers, ringing in the first day of school.