Over the past 6 months, Holy Trinity parents have become experts at managing their students’ at home learning. Here are some of their pro tips for making it work!
- Pick one area of the house where school happens every day and let the rest of the house be HOME. At the end of the day, close the door to your learning space and don’t look back! Until the next morning, of course.
- To help students stay focused and motivated, try posting some inspiring quotes around their work space.
- When you need to pass the time, get creative! Try having a slime race, painting walking sticks, doing a science experiment, or organizing your Legos!
- When everyone is overwhelmed, take a break and go outside. Even if you only have five minutes. It works wonders!
- Include the whole family in virtual PE classes. Let the students be in charge and keep track of everyone’s reps and personal bests.
- Focus on character education through out the day – prayer, manners, honesty, responsibility, compassion, forgiveness – it makes for a more peaceful household and an easier school day.
- To boost your internet connection with multiple family members working at home, plug an ethernet cable into one device while another works off of WIFI. Keep all cell phones running on cellular data, instead of WIFI, during the work/school day.